Microsoft® Dynamics NAV - Role Tailored Client and Role Center
What is The Role Tailored Client?
The Role Tailored Client (RTC) is a breakthrough in business productivity designed specifically to help people interact with their business systems more efficiently and effectively. The revolutionary new Role Tailored interface makes it possible for you to offer employees an appealing, customisable and easy-to-navigate window into their work world.
Why a Role Tailored Client?
Microsoft is continually investing in extensive user experience research and to date it has revealed some trends that have led to some specific goals when designing the end user experience:
- People want less complexity in their ERP (Role Tailored Client)
- They would like to get a quick overview of ’my business’ (Role Centers)
- They want to communicate with their colleagues easily about the data (Microsoft Outlook integration)
- They want items that need their input to be pushed to them (Easy collaboration)
- They want it to be easy to learn and like their other applications (Make it with a familiar interface like Offi ce)
What is a Role Center?
The Role Center is the user interface in Microsoft Dynamics NAV and is like a homepage to the system. It displays the specific tasks, activities and information that each role needs to do their job, providing them with an overview of what they've done and what is next. It enables them to focus on their tasks and organise their time. The employees simply log into their Role Center to their own user profile and personal place in your business management system.
One of the key advantages of Role Center is that it's so easy to personalise. Parts can be added, removed or customised by users to show the information or view that suits individual needs - without the aid of a programmer.