Pegasus CIS 4.01 Latest Enhancements
Download the Enhancements Guide
Pegasus CIS provides companies operating in the construction industry an unparalleled level of control over every aspect of contract management so that they have all the information they need to make their projects run profitably. This latest release from Pegasus takes this further by providing additional features that make running contracts profitably more attainable.
Pegasus CIS (4.01) sees the addition of a number of new enhancements. Existing users now have more functionality to improve the way they control and analyse their contracts. For new customers, the new features make Pegasus CIS a more compelling solution to implement because they’re based on user experience and bring real-world improvements to the Pegasus CIS proposition.
Amending Monthly Returns
Amending Monthly Returns
CIS Subcontractor Monthly Returns now allows previous returns to be amended and re-submitted as per the HMRC April 2016 guidelines. A full history of all submissions is also maintained for auditability. The following changes and enhancements have been made:
- To allow amendments to be made to previous Monthly Returns, the system can now have more than one Monthly Return active at any one time. Therefore, all active Monthly Returns can now be found in a new "Current Monthly Returns" option under the "Monthly Return" menu.
- A new "Create Revision" operation has been added to the "Monthly Return History" screen. This allows a previously submitted Monthly Return to be amended and re-submitted whilst keeping the history and Submission References of all previous submissions.
- Once a revision has been created for a Monthly Return, the payments included in the return can be amended and the Revised Monthly Returns can then be re-submitted. To make an amendment it may be required to revise two different Monthly Returns at the same time, e.g. to move a payment from period 2 to period 3, both months would have to be revised, the payment deselected on period 2 and selected on period 3, then both periods would need to be re-submitted.
This is a particularly important enhancement because Subcontractor monthly returns need to be amended electronically, and Pegasus CIS now provides this functionality.
The following enhancements have been made for improved data analysis:
- Subcontractor Transaction enquiry options have been added for Internal Valuation Transactions, Certificate Transactions and Payment Transactions. These are in addition to the existing All Subcontractor Transactions enquiry options.
- The Certificate and Payment Transaction enquiries have been expanded to show a breakdown of the allocations and links to the original transaction they’ve been allocated to.
- A Certificate Transactions enquiry has been added to Subcontractor Orders. Certificate Transactions and Payment Transactions on the Subcontractor record have been updated with allocation breakdowns.
Pegasus CIS (4.01) is compatible with the latest release of Pegasus XRL (1.64). Customers on earlier versions of Pegasus CIS who use Pegasus XRL can now upgrade to Pegasus CIS v4.01. This is particularly important to customers still on Pegasus CIS v3.00.50 because support for that version will cease at some point in the near future.
Pegasus XRL allows Micrsoft Excel to access live data in Opera 3 at the click of a mouse, so you don't have to copy and paste, re-key or work out formulas.
For more information click here
- Other Enhancements in CIS 4.01
Pegasus CIS 4.01 enhancements also include:
The Subcontractor Partial Payments routine has been updated to allow gross labour and material values to be entered instead of a net value which is split pro-rata over the labour, material, discount and retention figures. This allows greater control over the labour and material split, and therefore the CIS tax payable.
Transaction date validation routines have been added, with options to validate against previous and future financial years, closed and future financial periods and prior and future dates. This is designed to help ensure that transactions are posted into the correct accounting period.
The External Plant Hire routines "Mark Plant as Off Hire" and "Resume On Hire Status" have been updated so that when the Time on Job is being calculated and an invoice has already been raised against the item, the system will allow a different number of items to be entered than is actually on hire. This resolves a potential rounding error by allowing the user to specify both the Number of Items and the Time on Job.
There’s a whole range of enhancements in Pegasus CIS (4.01) designed to improve functionality and processing, and new fields have been added to a number of forms to record useful additional information. Here are a few of those improvements:
Specify VAT value and VAT value after discount when settlement discount has been applied.
A variety of additional fields have been added to subcontracter screens for more detailed data.
Online Verifications can now be submitted even if the Subcontractor does not have a URN, CRN or NINO.
Stock lookups now allow for searching on the Preferred Supplier Reference field.
Please see above enhancements documents for more details